Thursday, November 6, 2014

The beginnings of the NICU

Even with it being my second time around this rodeo with a newborn(s) whenever I look back at pictures I feel like I regret not taking MORE! They change do quickly in those first couple days, it kills me that they change so fast! Since we had 3 different devices taking pictures ally my posts are going to feel like a jumble of pictures from the same time. All I care is that they've actually been blogged! Here's  a few from the big girl camera from those first few days while in the NICU

Bryson less than 24 hours old! (around 20) on day 2. I remember that the first 24 hours of their lives all I wanted to do was hold them. Hold them close to me so bad! But after I spent all the time nursing them all I wanted to do was fall asleep! I knew I'd get better sleep in the bed in my hospital room than I would have in the rocking chair in my room so I'd force myself t go back much sooner than I wanted. I knew getting adequate sleep was/is crucial to milk supply so I went ahead and slept knowing I'd have plenty of time with them the following days. That was still really hard.
 Quinn
 Quinn
 Our friend Katie was their first visitor coming the morning following their birth!
 Quinn
 Quinn

 Our friends Aly and Ross came when they were 3 days old, so fun to have visitors!
Quinn
 Bryson
 Bryson
 Bryson
 The view from their NICU room was the best ever. I got to experience fall in Nebraska in a way that most people don't ever! the leaves were beautiful!

 Bryson, Quinn
 It was either their second or third night we got to meet both of them with awake eyes for the first time! That was so much fun for us seeing their eyes and faces next to each other like that, such a magical feeling as a parent of twins getting to start noticing some of their differences!
 Quinn, Bryson
 The first day they brought Max over to visit we watched him out the window for a bit while Casey was up visiting. See all those ducks (geese really)? Max was thrown rocks into the water and they all swam over to him thinking it was food but all got petered by rocks instead. I was laughing so hard.
That's it for now! I've got babies squeaking left and right over here telling me it's time for them to eat!

1 comment:

Shane and Clara said...

Kimber You look amazing for just having twins!!!! The beauty, the joy, the miracle of having a newborn baby is the best and you get to have it all multiplied by 2! I am so happy for your family. Those boys are beautiful! You go momma! You are doing fantastic.
I'm so glad you all are doing good and the babies made it here safe! thinking of you often.
Enjoy your Mom too! She is super awesome!!!!