Friday, December 12, 2014

Share the Gift

Being secluded in our home due to having a newborn has created a little different Christmas season for me. I feel like I've kind of been removed from the hoopla of Christmas busy-ness. BUT one thing that I've not been removed from is all the beautiful messages and videos shared online about the true meaning of Christmas. I've fallen in love with a couple of the beautiful videos my favorite is the Share the Gift Video:

It's only 3 minutes! You can take 3 minutes watch it!

I've felt the overwhelming love of my Savior Jesus Christ envelope me this year through various personal issues I've gone through. I've learned I am never alone and that someone else truly knows EXACTLY what I'm feeling. He's been through it all and He will help me get through it all. Because of the gift of our Savior Jesus Christ I can be a better mom. I can be a better wife, daughter, and friend. Because of my Savior Jesus Christ I will be a better person.

This season I will Share the Gift by by teaching my children about the birth of our Savior.

For family night this past week I began teaching Maxson about the nativity story with the Little People's nativity set. I think the only thing he caught onto was that one character was called "beebee," he likes babies :) I think he understood that the baby was important. He also liked putting the baby on the top of the nativity. And although Maxson can't comprehend the importance of the nativity story at this point, I will continue to teach him at the cradle side of the love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for him.

Christ is the ultimate gift that any of us have ever been given. If you have any wondered if you are loved or important or of worth I promise you that you are and if you take the time to learn more about Jesus Christ you can come to know that same truth.

Merry Christmas my friends!

Learn more of my beliefs here

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Loved this. I have not been in the Christmas mood and detest the busyness that I somehow can't keep myself from, it's like i'my attracted to it. Anyway, I love the church Christmas videos they always bring me back to the real joy of the season. My favorite is "what shall we give "

I will make it to see you soon...i promise!

Andy Ballstaedt said...

Very beautiful Kimber. I wish you could recite that at my next Young women's lesson.