If I don't exercise during the babies first nap of the day it's reeeeeeal hard to find a place for it otherwise. I have energy from breakfast still but I'm not too full (oatmeal for the win, I absolutely have CRASHED during my workout the days I only eat cereal), I can get the full workout done in 40 minutes if I start immediately after I put them down and then if they take a short nap I'm not frustrated with them not napping long, win win!
My workout time is Maxson's designated "media" time. For the most part this is the only time of day he gets to watch a movie (always requesting "go?!" aka Frozen, still trying to get him loving more manly movies). Once my workout is done I turn it off and we go make "moo-ee!" for ourselves-- smoothies. It's a good little pattern I feel like we have and I don't feel guilty because it's "media" time and then he doesn't interrupt me much during my workout and we're all much happier.
If any of you are interested in the Kayla Itsines workouts I'd highly recommend it for a few reasons:
1. 3 days a week you do her workouts. They take me 40 min from warm up to cool down.
2. Since the workout is just a pattern of exercises you follow for a designated amount of time you can easily stop real quick to help a child (or run to the bathroom) without feeling like you're missing "the workout" like a video.
3. The other 3 days a week you find some sort of other type of cardio workout. She recommends low intensity but I like feeling super tired after a workout so I usually do Insanity.
4. I love that my workout days always are switching around and I can play with it a little.
5. She definitely does a great job at targeting women's trouble areas which I appreciate
6. There's little to no equipment used. I pretty much get by with a chair and two 5 lb weights.
So, friends, if you're looking for something to do I highly suggest this one, I'm loving it so far! You can get a free 1 week trial here. If you do want to buy it, there's often 10-15% off codes around, just look around or ask me!
Picture of post workout courtesy of Maxson, see them sweaty armpits? Yip, it's that good!
PS- I am not doing the designated eating plan at this point, I have little to no self control/am not desperate enough for that yet, wait until I'm done nursing and then I'll tell you how I feel.