Wednesday, January 27, 2010

dear anthropologie,

dear anthropologie,
why is everything in your store so pretty and SOOOOO TERRIBLY, RIDICULOUSLY, UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE!?!?!?!?!

as i was looking at like every category on the site, my thoughts ranged from "oh this is cute" "oh, love it" "goodness, that's adorable" and "that would look great in my house" (but a few times i thought "pshhhhh, i could make that" pshh, i could find almost that exact same thing cheaper" or  "actually those are ugly (the rugs)") And then i thought, hmm, maybe someday if casey and i have sufficient funds for our family i can spend a little extra here and there on clothes, shoes, accessories, and cute things for the house at anthro. and then i was like "ok kimber. let's be real. are you really going to spend large amounts of money on things like clothes and hosue stuff or save that money for trips and experiences and traveling with casey and family (and kids)? yeah, you can bet which was my answer. 

moral of the story: you're dumb anthro. it's not me, it's you. we can never really be friends. sorry  

oh yeah, one more,

dear ikea,
you're more expensive than i thought. boo :( 



6 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree 100% to everything you wrote. I think about all the same things.

Anthro=too $$$$, Ikea= isn't as "cheap" as it once was, Kids=well ya.

DIANA said...

Most of the time I’ll go in the website just to get some inspiration hahah!! Yea my bag would be crying if I actually bought something hahaha!! I find so many beautiful antique and witty home decor in Flea markets or Thrift stores it’s amazing last time I found a great coffee table very antique and lovely for $15 dollars I was doing front flips hahaha!! love your post because its completely ture!...Dye♥

Nik and Dawna said...

Dear Kimber,

I love reading your thought processes and I agree with you all the way! Kids/Vacations/etc=higher importance. You tell them, girl!

Dawna

Emmy Gagon said...

ugh amen. i love anthro with all my heart and all my wallet too. but i totally agree, you can easy make most of the stuff in there. or find it cheaper. love/hate. what can you do?

Cherri said...

Try the Salvation Army/Good Will stores every so often....They have regular schduled 50% off days their already half prices. Have to admit you have to make it a routine to find stuff but it can be really fun!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

I agree!!! Plus, some of their stuff is soo played out...

But some of their clothes are super cute...