Thursday, September 24, 2015

Breaking glass at 4 am. That'll wake you up.

This boy. Oh my goodness gracious, this boy. He sure pushes me and life to its limits. I love him so much it hurts. And he is so naughty and disobedient at times it hurts.

Lately he's been taking 4 am adventures downstairs by himself to see what he can get his hands on. The stuff I've known about thus far, and only because he's come into our room while eating these things: a breadstick, oreos, chocolate milk, and juice. All separate nights. I don't know what to do about him! He's probably waking up hungry at that time in the night because he barely eats any of the food the food I give him during the day except meat and any sugar he can scavenge. He's seriously been awful lately. So he wakes up for his midnight snack and i just don't like it/he makes a huge mess sometimes.

Well last night I made sure to put ALL food away and cabinets locked. At 4 am I frantically woke up to the sound of a bunch of stuff falling and glass breaking. I shake Casey awake saying "Maxson! Maxson! Downstaris! Go!"

Casey, that wonderful man he is, BOLTED out of bed and ran downstairs. I laid in bed for a just a minute more sighing can't believing it's gotten this far.

I go downstairs to find Casey comforting Maxson telling him "Did it scare you?" Maxson fell off a chair or counter somehow and luckily only had a little bit of blood coming from his mouth, maybe  bitten tongue or cheek, nothing serious. And only 1 glass bowl broke which was easy to clean up.

But seriously. This is a problem we need to fix...

1 comment:

The Christophersons said...

Maybe If he's waking up hungry/thirsty have some crackers or something else available in a specific spot (outside his room/in your room) so he's not adventuring or looking by himself? Just an idea. Oh man, I wouldn't know what to do!