Friday, June 19, 2015

lone-momming it

My hat goes off to you single moms and military moms.

How do you do it?

How do you go day in and out of being a single mom over and over and over?

How are you not exhausted beyond your whit?

No team member to back you up everyday or give you a break. 

You are the end all say all everyday and it is exhausting.

I am on day 3 of 5 of Casey out of town and am just exhausted. And that's WITH a friend coming over each day after she gets out of dental school to help with the last few hours of the day AND a young woman in our ward coming over in the morning. Our friend's help in the evening is what has truly made me not a witch-like mother or super bratty wife, I will forever owe her.

Their help has been invaluable. But what I've learned is the most exhausting part is that there is still just me dealing with laying down the law, trying to teach this wild (and oh so much fun, right?) two year old how to be a civilized human in society. Teaching him his boundaries and acceptable behaviors day in and out is thoroughly exhausting. Maybe it's just my two year old. I feel like I definitely have the wildest one out of the whole group of friends that I literally cannot control so many times in public. It's humbling and frustrating all at the same time. 

I'm tired and headed to bed, what's new?

Also my children wake up at 6 am and it's KILLING me! KILLING me like a long slow death! I mean the babies are generally sleeping from 7 pm-6 am without waking up these days which I should be grateful for but can't they sleep just one more hour? I can't possibly get them to last until 8 pm in hoped for them to sleep until 7 am with the way they make their schedule work each day, it's killing me. ANd Max has just decided he needs less sleep now (WHY AND HOW?!?!?!? HE HAS SO MUCH STINKING ENERGY! HE NEEDS TO JOIN A RUNNING TEAM). He nay sleeps 12 hours a day total, so if I do 2 at a nap time (he would happily sleep 3!!! Wouldn't we all Max…) that means there's only 10 left at night, 8 pm-6 am, KILLING me. Any advice?

Love, your  friend who slowly dying from motherly exhaustion. Kisses


No comments: