Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween 2017

Halloween was just wonderful with my littles. Holidays are so much more special and magical with children around! I loved every second! It started out with Grammie and Grandpa's ward trunk or treat.  That was the first time we got to dress up as aa family and it was so fun. I'm so glad the boys talked me out of the costume I wanted to do, instead we were the Avengers! Casey-Hulk, Kimber- Black Widow, Maxson- Iron Man, Bryson- Captain America, Quinn- Spiderman, Easton- Thor. Everyone was so stinking cute in their costumes (thanks Goodwill finds!). I loved that the twins caught onto the phrase "avengers, Assemble!" but would say " Abengers, assemble!" The kids loved their first chance of trick or treating (in the freezing cold) to all the cars!

While Casey was out of town with Max in Utah, i took the twins and Easton downtown Rock Springs to trick or treat around there, it wasn't a cold day so that was a relief. We happened to meet up with the Barrows which made walking around so fun. By the the end (not even finishing all the businesses) Quinn and Bryson were saying "I'm tired, I want to go home" haha, so we stopped. That's so cute about little kids and trick or treating. Kids are too tired to get tons of candy, ha!

Sunday night we carved pumpkins at the in Green River with the family, Tayli helped us and it was so fun. Watching then boys pulling out all the guts, making fun eww and gross faces, Easton constantly picking up knives and wanted to be in all the action sitting on everyone's pumpkins, Tayli cutting a huge hole in her pumpkin cutting out her ghost on accident, after mAx carved his pumpkin all by himself! he then claimed my pumpkin as his, lol. I love the smell of carving pumpkins :)

On Monday, we all got to go to Maxson's preschool Halloween party where they sang the spooky ABC's, the creepy crawly spider, dead bones, 5 little pumpkins. I love his little preschool and he does too! We were lucky that Casey got to come too.

Monday evening we made dinner in a pumpkin and invited the Luthi's and Larson's over. Everyone was little skeptical of dinner but it tasted delicious.

And then to Halloween day! We made mummy hot dogs, did Halloween handprints on our canvases, and then got ready for trick or treating, the main event! Unfortunately it was quite a cold and windy night! But we did an intense round of tri-ward trunk or treating at our church, I got to hand out candy and it was so fun seeing all the trick or treaters come by and happily hand out candy! Once the kids got too cold, they got in the car with me (I was actually in Emily Jenkins car because it's more fun with a friend) and LOVED helping hand out candy! We then came home, and took the kids just to about 8 houses on our street to see some neighbors, it was the most GORGEOUS sunset! But so windy and cold, the kids were practically crying because their hands hurt they were so cold, so we made it down to the Larrsens and came back home!

After back the kids dumped out ALLLLL their candy and boy was it a lot! Not quite sure what we're going to do with it all! Easton kept swiping suckers and walked around with one in his mouth and holding another in a hand haha, we'd take them away but he kept finding more suckers to swipe! I took the big boys to to the fire station for their large size candy bar which they loved and we picked up some Little Caesar's pizza. The boys ate way too much candy and went to bed way too late but we all had a very fun Halloween day! Casey and I watched the Nightmare before Christmas (my first time ever watching!) and called it a night. Except we had so much fun looking at facebook and instagram of all our friends cute costumes! There were so  many cute family themed ones, I loved it!

Happy Halloween!

For me, Halloween is one of the BEST facebook days of the year. Unlike mother's day when it's pictures of everyone's mom or Easter when it's pictures of everyone in nice Sunday clothes, Halloween is when everyone posts their FUN and DIFFERENT and WITTY and SURPRISING Halloween costumes! It's like a surprise everytime I open my newsfeed! I absolutely love it! People are so creative and kids are adorable and adults can be hilarious. Here's some of my favorite local friends cute costumes I couldn't help but share and remember!


1 comment:

Cherri said...

Sounds so fun... you do have a great husband there.... where are the costume pics.... no more on this sight? I have NEVER seen Nightmare before Christmas