Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Maxson's first day of Kindergarten

The day has come! Max has gone off to Kindergarten!

The night before we got home about 9:15 from our trip to Lake Tahoe for Tayli's wedding. SO the kids didn't go to bed until about 10! Poor Max did NOT get the best night's sleep before his first day of school haha. I had to really coax him to wake up at 7 because I knew he still needed a bath (hadn't had one in like 3 days ha, we did play in the lake a lot so he was cleanish, right?) I knew I wanted to do pictures and get early to walk him over with our being rushed.

He was so excited. He picked out his clothes (a simple blue shirt and tan shorts), we made lunch (pb&j sandwich, granola bar, apples, apple juice). His hair looked great and he was so ready for Kindergarten!

Drop off came and he easily spotted his teacher, got in line when they asked, gave me big hug, and happy smile wave and off he went, as easy as that! Honestly it was easy for him and me,  he was just so so ready.

I hope he can make some friends. I hope he can be kind, and learn to lose without throwing a fit. I hope he can be a helper to others and a friend to those who needs a friend. I hope he grows and learns and finds friends who can help him choose the right.

Casey got to come with us to pick him up from Kindergarten, and he was kind of dance-bouncing-hopping his way out with a BIG smile on so happy to see us! I was so happy to see him

Unfortunately he described the day as boring and dumb without too many details. He said no one played with him at recess. Lunch was fast. He didn't do anything fun. There were no toys. All he did was write his name. Ha, hopefully his attitude improves as the days and months go on haha.

No comments: